How to display the Confluence pages in my Jira Software Project-Pages overview?

Pandau Ting December 28, 2020

Hi Community,

my Project-Pages Overview are empty:

01-empty.png

There is a Confluence area called "League Manager" with two pages. I would like those to be displayed on the above view.

I was able two connect this area with this view:

02-connecting.png

Nothing works. I've already spent hours on that. My current workaround looks like this:

1. click on "create page" (leads to Confluence)
  2. cancel creation 
  3. enter desired pages on Confluence

This seems stupid to me. I think there must be ways to directly access my Confluence area pages directly. Does anyone know how to get that to work?

Kind regards,
Pandau

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2020

Hello Pandau,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When linking a Confluence space to a project, the pages should be listed and accessible for the users (depending on the permission in Confluence). 

As per your screenshots, I understand that after linking to a space, the pages are not visible and it only shows after you click to create a new page, is that correct?

I tested here on my free site on a brand new project and space, but I wasn't able to replicate it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 14.07.30.png

Is it happening on other projects?

If you connect to another space, does the issue happen?

Regards,
Angélica

Pandau Ting December 31, 2020

Hi Angelica, 

thank you for your reply. Let me play around a little bit more with a new project. I think this behaviour is not trivial to replicate. 

I will post an answer when I figured it out. 

Regards, 

Pandau

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Pandau Ting December 31, 2020

Hi Angelica,

I wasn't able to recreate this issue nor was I able to configure the existing space to make it work.

But creating a new space and just copying all pages to the new space worked. The pages of my new space are displayed properly and as expected.

Thank you for providing your help!

Regards,
Pandau

Like # people like this
Gabriel García Buey January 25, 2021

Thank you! I had the same issue and it worked for me too!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
intagli February 3, 2021

Hi,

I have the same issue but creating a new space did not solve the problem for me. I tried linking the space and the jira project multiple times in both confluence and jira, but jira still shows "There’s nothing here but potential" instead of the confluence pages. I also tried setting the page permissions to "all", but this also did not help.

intagli February 3, 2021

Hi,

I found the solution: I needed to additionally click on the three dots in the top right and select "connect to a different space" and connect the space again. Pages now show up in Jira. 

Pandau Ting February 3, 2021

I am glad that worked for you. This simple solution didn't work for me. I was able to set your mentioned connection via the three dots. But my pages were still empty.

So I had to go with creating a totally new space on Confluence and copying all the content to that new space. The new space was able to be linked to my Jira pages properly.

Like Irina Rauchenwald likes this
Irina Rauchenwald March 25, 2021

Thank you for your tip! Creating a new space and copying pages there worked for me as well.

0 votes
Adam Skubiszewski August 10, 2021

Dear all, creating new space and copying the pages there is just a workaround. The reason of this is a lack of homepage. There must be one homepage and all other pages must be as its children in the pages structure, then they are shown properly in the Jira projects and in confluence sidebar as well.

So to fix this:

1. Create empty page, e.g. "Project home page"

2. Go to Space settings -> Edit space details and set the homepage to just created

3. Go to Space settings -> Content tools -> Reorder pages and put all other pages into just created homepage.

And it works!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events