How to disconnect JIRA-bot from Slack channel?

Tylo Choi April 23, 2018

I want to delete JIRA-bot from the member of a Slack channel.

I  have removed JIRA App and also removed the configuration. However, JIRA-bot is not kicked out from Slack channel. 

How to disconnect JIRA-bot from Slack channel?

8 answers

3 votes
Murali Krish June 17, 2020

This is been super annoying on Slack Notifications for Apps. None of the steps here worked. 

/remove

/leave 

How do I get this thing out of my slack. very annoying. 

3 votes
Randall Jackvony January 30, 2019

JiraBot was oversharing, so I wanted to kick it off our slack, so here is what I did that worked:

1. In Slack App click the workspace name and go to Administration ==> Manage Apps; this will bring you to the "Configure Apps" page for the workspace.
  2. Click the "Jira" item under Apps, which will navigate you to the Jira page for your workspace.
  3. Scroll down and select "Remove App"
  4. Enjoy the silence of no notification messages!

Hope that helps!

Clay Sheaff February 28, 2019

Hi Randall,

I was having the same frustration. Did you find any options for shutting it up? I like being about to reference a ticket, but I don't want there to be a notification everytime a ticket gets changed.

Randall Jackvony February 28, 2019

Unfortunately, no. I just had to remove it.

BlueAcid May 9, 2019

We started using "Jira Cloud" instead. This integration app seems to run more fluid and according to configuration (with the configuration being more straight forward in my opinion, which could just be my missing experience with Attlasians bot). 

Doug Slay August 1, 2019

When I click on the Manage link to attempt to turn off this integration, JIRA Cloud just spins.  How do I turn off these notifications?

Brad Monroe August 1, 2019

Same here 

Neil Davies August 1, 2019

same here

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2019

@Brad Monroe @Neil Davies @Doug Slay apologies for the configuration screen problems.  We introduced a bug last night that broke the screen. A fix has been deployed and you should be able to get that page to load properly now. Please let us know if you are still having problems, but I think you should be back on your way.

Max Jordaan November 27, 2019

@Sean Waters Thanks for fixing that bug.

However, I am unable to stop receiving DMs from Jira Cloud, even after logging out with /jira logout and deleting my user authorisation from the Manage App settings for Jira Cloud.

Can you confirm for me please if this is a bug?

To be clear, I do not want to remove the Slack integration we have as other team members use it, I just want to remove myself from it so I don't receive Slack DMs from Jira Cloud.

Thank you

Like # people like this
stav December 4, 2019

I'm also having the same issue as @Max Jordaan . I tried to disconnect the jira app from a DM in slack, not to remove the integration entirely.

I am definitely logged out because when I try `/jira manage` I get `To perform this action, please authorize Slack & login to your Atlassian account.` I also don't see slack under `Connected Apps` in my jira account settings. However, I still receive a notification every time a new card is created.

I can't use`/remove @jirabot` because it's a DM with the bot.

Like # people like this
Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hey Stav and Max, I think there is some confusion around being logged in and our subscriptions which are what send notifications based on events in Jira.  You being logged in to the Slack app just establishes a connection between your Slack and Jira accounts, if you have any subscriptions created those must be deleted explicitly they will continue working with or without you being logged in since these are based on events coming from Jira and could be for a channel where other people rely on them.

In order to stop the notifications:

1. In Slack, go to the channel where you are receiving the unwanted notifications.
  2. Type `/jira manage`
  3. If you are prompted to login, please do so as you will need to be authorized to Jira to continue.
  4. You should now see a message that includes a list of Subscribed Jira projects.
  5. Click on the link for the project you want to stop notifications from.
  6. This will take you to a configuration screen in Jira. On this screen you can click the Delete button in the upper right corner or change the actions that trigger notifications if you just want to make things quieter.

This will stop notifications to Slack and all other notifications will continue working as before.

I hope this resolves your problems, if not please contact support and we can help get you sorted.

Like # people like this
Max Jordaan December 4, 2019

Thank you Sean, this works as described. Appreciate it. Cheers

stav December 4, 2019

Thanks for clarifying @Sean Waters , that worked!

Philip Couling May 16, 2023

@Sean Waters Something is clearly not well designed here. I actually had to re-authorize Jira in slack to be able `/jira manage`.  IE I had to `/jira connect` to get it to shut up.

To most users, disconnecting / revoking a thing should mean they want it to go away. Apparently not Jira.

2 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

You should be able to remove or kick the bot from the channel:

/remove @Integration Team-bot

OR

/kick @Integration Team-bot

dion_santana July 3, 2018

I have done this but still get the notifications.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2018

Just type /jira manage, it'll show the link to manage the subscription to the channel. Follow the link and remove all subscriptions.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Ben Steward November 30, 2021

So folks may have worked this out by now but if you want to boot the Jira app from a single channel but not remove completely, you can do it pretty easily from the Jira side. From the project, click Slack integration on the left nav then remove just the channel you don't want anymore.

0 votes
Denes Papp March 31, 2020

"/leave" worked for me

0 votes
Justin Rice March 2, 2020

I have run /remove in all the channels I want to remove the integration from and it has not removed the user from the channel.

I do not want to kick the Jira user out of all channels, just two users.

How do I further remove the user from the channel?

0 votes
Nicole Miller December 4, 2019

@Sean Waters looks like thee screen is broken again :(

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

We just pushed some changes out, let me take a look

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

Hey Nicole, try getting a new link with `/jira manage` and see if that fixes you. We made some changes to speed up that page load and it should have been backwards compatible with bookmarked links but it looks like we might have missed there.  I will get on that fix, but in the meantime it should work with the link that jira manage gives you back or by navigating through from the Project settings slack page

Sadly, neither of your suggestions works since 1. I dont get a usable url back. and 2. if I remove the app entirely, I will kill the app from all channels, not just the one I want to manage.  I'll have to wait for the fix.

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

Hey Nicole, I just pushed out a change that should fix you up. If not, ping me back here and we can sort out what's going on as all scenarios I can come up with appear to be working.

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

If you are getting any errors with an id from the configuration screen, please add that here as that will help me zero in on the problem you are experiencing as well.

The Link works now thanks!.

/jira manage however is still broken for me :(

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2019

Gotcha, I have another report of /jira manage not working. I'm looking into that now.  Thanks so much

Murali Krish June 17, 2020

@Sean Waters This is been super annoying on Slack Notifications for Apps. None of the steps here worked. 

/remove

/leave 

/Jira Manager

How do I get this thing out of my slack. very annoying. 

Could have clear set of instructions to remove this app please. 

Sean Waters
Atlassian Team
June 18, 2020

Hey @Murali Krish I am not sure exactly which aspect of the integration you would like to silence so I am going to give some general advice on this one.

If you are seeing notifications from the Jira Cloud bot user being sent to a channel because of changes happening to Jira issues you can send a `/jira manage` message in that channel.  That will give you a list of all of the subscriptions in that channel.  Each subscription will include a link to Jira where you can edit (change the issue actions that trigger notifications), mute, or delete the subscription. So if you have an unwanted subscription you can delete it or just edit it to be less chatty.  This will effect all users in the channel.

If you are seeing message previews (aka unfurls) attached to a message you send that includes a Jira link or issue key and you don't like this, you have a couple options:

1. You can sign out of the Jira Cloud for Slack app by typing `/jira logout` this will unassociate your Jira account from your Slack account and the app will no longer be able to unfurl issues you link to. You will be prompted to log in again on the next link you send but you can dismiss that so it will stop reminding you.  This will only impact you and the links you are sharing.

2. In a particular channel you can send `/jira unfurl` and that will disable unfurls in that channel. This will impact all users in that channel.

If you find yourself no longer wanting or needing the Jira Cloud for Slack application you can always just uninstall it from your Slack workspace as well.

I hope this helps with the issues you are seeing.

0 votes
Troy Frericks June 8, 2018

/remove @[deleted]

Worked for me. Thanks for heading me down the right path to remove jira from the channel.

Suggest an answer