How to delete a person from a team

Julie Levesque January 29, 2021

I create a person in a team of project , Now, I want to delete this person. How to do that

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Julie Levesque

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In case you refer to "People" where you can form a team within Jira Cloud you can remove team members by clicking on "..." next to their respective name.

grafik.png

In case you meant something else - could you please kindly provide a screenshot and/or describe what you are seeing?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel

Julie Levesque January 30, 2021

Hi,

But I didn't have the "...."  after the Member.   

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2021

Can you please share what you are seeing (a screenshot would suffice)?

Like Julie Levesque likes this

image.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2021

OK, I see from the screenshot you current have no team defined - therefore you cannot delete people out of it.
You must mean something else.
You would have to explain what you see and where the team member is (where it is to be deleted).

Julie Levesque January 31, 2021

You see the two personnes ?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2021

Yes, but they are not assigned to team. In case they would be it looked like in the screenshot  I attached earlier.

Without further Information I believe Community will not be able to help further. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Vero, I think that post is about Trello but the question is about Jira I think?

Julie,

if you are indeed speaking about Jira and you want to remove someone from the project:

• For Classic project - you simply need to ensure that they are not in any group/role that has permissions in the project. 
  • For NG project - go to project settings > access and click on Remove for the user

Hi,

I didn't have this session.  I have the version free of Jira.

Julie

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2021

Free version does not differ from paid in this regard. You may not have project admin permissions. Can you access Project settings in the project sidebar? If not please reach out to you admin for help.

Like Julie Levesque likes this

No I didn't have Project settings.  How can I contact admin ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2021

You will need to ask around and find out who has admin rights. Who built the project?

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

Hi @Julie Levesque 

Look at this post, maybe can help you

https://help.trello.com/article/742-removing-people-from-a-team

Cheers

Hi,

I'm not in Trello. It's  in Jira.com

Suggest an answer