How to create a task list template?

Bogdan Brad January 6, 2022

Hello, community!

I wondered if there is any best practice in creating a task list as a template?

The use case would be: as a PM, I want to have a list of repetitive tasks performed before a website goes live. I don't want to recreate the task list every time a website goes live. 

What is the best way of doing it with Jira and Confluence?

Many thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

In Jira you could use an automation rule to update the description field with canned text (e.g. bulleted list of tasks) whenever the issue is transitioned to a specific status. You could also use automation to create subtasks automatically.

Additionally, you could purchase Issue Checklist Pro and have a simple task list appear in each issue. I have used this application with automation to automatically generate a task list.

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2022

@Sam Nadarajan, thank you for mentioning Issue Checklist Pro

@Bogdan, you can start with Issue Checklist Free and upgrade to Pro only when you need it. 

You will get something like below in your Jira issue:

DocoImage.png

You can create templates and load them to issue with just a few clicks.

2 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2022

Hi, @Bogdan ! As an alternative, you can try the Recurring Checklists and Report add-on developed by my team.

As a PM you can create custom checklists for your team, assign team members and monitor progress on a one-page report in the add-on.

image.png

Also, scheduling allows for automating tasks creation so you don`t need to recreate the task list

image.png

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Bogdan 

Using Confluence is enough for this requirement.

Create templates that will have a pre-filled list of tasks that you need to carry out.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-a-template

If you need to track the list of activities in Jira, right when you create a page in Confluence, you have an option to create the Issue from Confluence, there is no template for this, you need to manually do this by selecting text and then creating an issue.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events