How to create a filter for an advanced roadmap plan

Dave Furlani March 27, 2023

I'm having trouble getting just the issues of interest in an advanced roadmap/plan. The projects are all company-managed, and either use the business project boards/timeline or a kanban board.

One project just has the Initiatives issuetype.

Other projects have epics that link to those initiatives (parent link), or are orphaned. These projects (although not all) also have an issuetype called Change Management that may or many not live in an Epic, and may or may not have sub-tasks.

To help the PMO have visibility of the planned CM work across multiple business projects, the goal is to have an advanced roadmap to show a timeline view of the Change Management issues. Ideally this includes their parents up to the initiative level, and any sub-tasks.

I've got a filter that just shows the Change Management issues, and have combined that with the Initiative project and a filter for Epics, but the view looks a mess, pulling in way too many Epics, when only a few have Change Management tasks in them.

Can anyone suggest a filter or filters and config for the plan that will achieve this visibility goal? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Dave Furlani How are the Change Management issues "linked" to the epics? Through "parent link'? Or another issue link type?

Is there any way to share a screenshot of the many epics in your plan when only a few have change management tasks in them?

Please share a screenshot of your issue hierarchy levels as well if you can.

Dave Furlani June 4, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs,

I've played with the Plan since logging the original post, but haven't been able to solve this myself. While we are checking if this will work for us, there are currently only 3 CM issues, and only one with an Epic Link. That Epic has a parent Initiative.

The Plan is currently showing all Initiatives, with nothing under them (no epics), and below those in the "Issues without parents" section, the 3 CMs we have. Image below.

Our Change Management issues are related to Epics with parent links.

The board is configured to use the PMO project, which just has the Initiatives issuetype, and the below filter. 

created >= -30d AND issuetype = "Change Management" order by created DESC

download.png

download.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events