How to create a custom workflow for my project?

Youmna Alomari March 25, 2024

I created a new company-managed project and shared its settings with another project. The workflow of my new project is shared by 30 other projects. I want to create a specific custom workflow for my new project without affecting other projects' workflow.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi Youmna,

You will need to copy the existing workflow and then make your changes to the new workflow.

Next, create a new workflow scheme and use the new workflow you created.

Finally, go to project settings for the project, click on Summary, then click on the workflow scheme name.

Then choose Use a different scheme. Find your new scheme and publish the workflow.

Youmna Alomari March 26, 2024

Thank you, that worked perfectly!

Like John Funk likes this
2 votes
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Youmna Alomari

1. Creating a New Workflow:

2. Configuring a Workflow Scheme:

Remember, you need to have Jira administrative permissions to create and edit workflows and workflow schemes. Each link provided above directs you to Atlassian's official support documentation, where you'll find detailed guidance and examples to help you through the process.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Melo

Youmna Alomari March 26, 2024

Thank you Melo! This is helpful. 

Can you advise on how to align the workflow of my tickets from a different board with the workflow in another board?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events