How to create a JQL query to select issues in active and future sprints as well as Backlogged Issues

David.Newton June 8, 2021

I need some assistance writing a JQL query that needs to query the issues (i.e. Bugs, Stories) in my projects Active Sprints, Future Sprints and the backlogged items. 

The issue I have encountered is getting the backlogged issues to show up in the query without have issues from closed sprints showing up. 

the query I have right now (below) shows all issues in my project from all sprints, open, future and closed, as well as the backlogged issues. 

"project = GLOB AND issuetype in (Bug, Story) ORDER BY created DESC"

Any suggestions for what I need to modify to get the query ti just display the issues from the active sprint, the future sprints, and the backlogged issue list?

1 answer

5 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Try this…

project = GLOB AND issuetype in (Bug, Story) and resolution is unresolved ORDER BY created DESC

David.Newton June 8, 2021

that worked. I just had to switch the is to a '=' and it worked. Thank you

David.Newton June 10, 2021

Hi Jack, upon further review this change does not get the results I need. It gets me the right sprints and backlog issues, however, if any of those issues have subtasks that are marked as done, then they are not captured by this Query.

Is there a different filter option that you could recommend I try?

Suggest an answer