How to copy an automation rule from one project to another?

Steve_G April 4, 2023

I have a project level automation rule that I would like to replicate in another project. Is this possible? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Steve_G 

What about changing the rule scope from single project to multiple project?

If you really need a copy, simply click three dots and click copy and configure the details for your other project.

Steve_G April 4, 2023

Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz for the quick response.

Changing the rule scope would work in some cases. However, I would like to customize the copied rule in the second project.

The copy action in the three dots seems to only allow me to publish the copy in the same project.

Like Franklin likes this
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Can you please try in global automation page (System -> Global Automation)? It should allow you change the scope after publishing the copy.

Steve_G April 4, 2023

I'll need to work with my Admin team since I don't have access to global automations.

Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz  and @Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions  - both of your responses have helped me learn something new today.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Hi @Steve_G 

As @Tansu Akdeniz suggested, click the 3 dots next to the automation rule and click copy. This will make a copy of the automation rule on a project level.

After that you can change the scope of the project in the rule details to your second project if you're trying to keep it specifically to these 2 projects. 

This can be done through the global automation page (the option is there under the current project scope when you click into the copied rule).

However if you're going to keep the rule exactly the same, multiple project scope is advisable as its more efficient but its entirely up to you. 

If you follow these steps, you'll have the same automation rule in 2 projects of your choice independently of each other. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events