How to control daily worklog by user

Toni Arcas May 6, 2021

Dear all,

In my company, every worker must submit their daily work, so I would like to solve the following issue:

- All users must log their corresponding hours per day in Jira. Some users should log 8 hours per day, others 5 hours (depending on their contract). Can I define the duration of a working day by user?

- I would like to have a filter by which every user (or me as administrator) could check if they have logged all the hours for a certain month. How could I detect if a user has logged less than 8 hours per day?

It could be great if we could tdo this in Jira, as in my country (Spain) it is mandatory by law that all workers must have their own timesheet according to their contract, and currently most people is using Excel sheets or other apps.

Currently we are using the Timehseet app, which is great for reporting worklogs, but I think it does not have the feature we need.

Many thanks for your help!

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

HI @Toni Arcas

in Tempo Timesheets you can pull a report that shows both the required hours and logged hours for a timeperiod (Utilization in the screenshot below).

Tempo Timesheets send also reminders if you have the scheduler installed (refer to our documentation).

Reach out to Tempo support if you need any additional guidance.

BR

TempoRequiredVsLogged.jpg

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hello @Toni Arcas 

I believe the Tempo app has what you need. At my previous employer that app was used by our staff in Europe. We were using JIRA Server though, and those of us in the United States didn't have to use it. I can't guarantee that it will do what you need, but you might want to investigate it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events