How to configure columns from & after Staging column as Green (Done status)

Yashwardhan Pauranik September 17, 2021

We have several columns on our Simply Workflow. I want the columns from Staging to Production all marked as green, i.e., done.

As of now, only the last column (Production) is marked as green, which creates a problem when we see story points. I have story points to be converted as done as soon as they reached on Staging/QA status

Screenshot 2021-09-18 121948.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2021

Hi @Yashwardhan Pauranik 

This is happening because on your workflow you have set the categories of these statuses to "In Progress", instead of "Done". If you change them to "Done", this change will be global! So keep that in mind in case these statuses are used to other workflows as well.

Now, to change them:

• Click cog > Issues
  • Click statuses
  • Find the status you want and click edit
  • Click the Category dropdown and choose Done

DoneStatus.png

Yashwardhan Pauranik September 18, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Here is my workflow diagram, can you tell me what could be wrong here?

image.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2021

You haven't done anything wrong. Interesting enough, to my surprise, it seems that Jira will recognize only the last column as the "done" state and will mark it as green. Read this documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/

Like Yashwardhan Pauranik likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2021

The last column has always how Jira sees "done" in Scrum and Kanban boards.  The green colour is from the status category, but that does not tell the board an issue is "done"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events