How to concat JSON with Smart Values

isfigueiredo December 2, 2022

Hello all,

Trying to automate somethings in a new project and here we use gopgle chat. So I create a automation to notify when tickets are on test. But having some problems to send a message like: Hey! We have a new ticket on test: www.site.jira/FYI-2333 .

Bellow the JSON:

{
"text": "Hey! We have a new ticket on test: www.site.jira/".concat({{issue.key}})
}

But we are receiving erros. If I only send "Hey! We have a new ticket on test!" everything is ok.

So, how to concat String with smart value?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Hi @isfigueiredo :

I think this should work:

{
"text": "Hey! We have a new ticket on test: www.site.jira/{{issue.key}}"
}
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

Although you might want a full URL that's valid:

{
"text": "Hey! We have a new ticket on test: http://YOURSITE.atlassian.net/browse/{{issue.key}}"
}

(So I made the hostname similar to a real one, and with the browse/ path added.)

isfigueiredo December 2, 2022

Darryl,

Thanks so much!!! It´s correct

Like John Funk likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

Awesome - glad to hear it worked! Would you be so kind as to click on the [Accept answer] button up there? Thanks?

Suggest an answer