How to combine 2 (or multiple) criterion?

Deleted user June 30, 2021

I'm trying to find the stories where the solution version starts with "UR" [fixVersion ~ "UR *"] and this fixversion is also in the past [fixVersion in releaseDate ("before endofday ()")]. If I combine the two criteria with AND I get a lot of wrong issues because the second criterion does not refer to the result of the first criterion, but again only to the issue. An example would be a bug that is planned for UR 29/21 (CW 29 is in the future) (criterion 1 met) but at the same time assigned the fixversion "program increment #2" (ends last month) (criterion 2 also met). How can I combine the two arguments?

1 answer

0 votes
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

Try replacing the second critria with AND Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()). This will show only active Sprint & Future Sprint issues.

ex: project =xx AND Fix version starts with "UR" [fixVersion ~ "UR *"] AND Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints())

Again if u have issues which are not assigned to any Sprint, again use third criteria Sprint is Empty. This should be grouped with second.

ex: project =xx AND starts with "UR" [fixVersion ~ "UR *"] AND (Sprint in (openSprints(), futureSprints()) OR Sprint is Empty)

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Sadeesh N

Deleted user July 1, 2021

Unfortunately, the addition of the sprint doesn't help me. I'm not even about the fixeversion itself. That only served as an example. My main concern is to combine arguments.

Another use case could also be: Find all issues that are commented by John with "Nice work. Thanks.". These issues commented by Maria with "Nice work. Thanks." and from John with "Done!" should not be found by the JQL.

Daniel Turczanski - __JQL Search Extensions
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 2, 2021

It's not possible with JQL. The keywords that are available only allow to search among all comments in the issues. You can't apply multiple criteria to a single comment.

Deleted user July 2, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events