How to close a service desk ticket automatically?

Roman Baranov October 9, 2015

Hello,

Since new service desk 3.0 and even actually the older one i believe version 2.4 has a built in automation functionality, is there a way using that functionality to create a rule that will auto close a ticket with response + status closed and resolution of resolved after customer who hasn't responded for lets say 10 days?

I've search a bit on this and i know there is an automation plugin available, but i've had issues with it setting a resolution for some reason. it would close the ticket but resolution would remain not resolved. sad

So im curious if there is a way to do this using the already built in automation functionality that comes with service desk. 

And if not, what am i doing wrong that the automation plugin is not setting a resolution smile ?

Thank you 

Roman

4 answers

0 votes
Storm Reply June 13, 2016

This solution would be useful to me as well.

Thanks

0 votes
Robert Liu _CA_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2016

I would like to have this solution as well.  Is there a way to automatic close tickets if people haven't comment on it for 72 hours etc?

Thanks.

0 votes
Oliviu Nita October 29, 2015

Hi,

I need the same functionality view the impossibility to give user rights to close or reopen a ticket.

Can you please tell me witch is the automation plugin?

thank you

Italia Pati
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2015

Not supported :(( I have installed the plugin but i'm not able to find where can i make the settings... With the integrad Automatisation option, i'm not able to use time option (if no activity for 72h -> close ticket) I'm on JSD 2.x Thank you in advance.

0 votes
Roman Baranov October 14, 2015

anyone? smile

Suggest an answer