How to clone issue types and board settings to another next-gen project?

Elvira Kurti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2019

I just started to use a next-gen project. I like it and now others in my org want to use it too. However, since I set up the issue types and fields, as well as the board, they want to take use of my project settings, so they do not have to do it for each project again and again.

I cannot find a way to clone a project in next-gen. Without it it is totally useless to an organisation, or even to an individual. I may want to start a new project once this one is complete, do I have to start with setting up my issues types and all from scratch?

Please let me know if it is possible or not, and how. 

Unfortunately if not possible, we will need to abandon next-gen, even though we find the road map the most important distinguishing feature of it. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

that is not currently available in NG. I checked the 'public NG roadmap' and saw no reference to this. However, that page hasn't been updated lately AFAIK. You might click the feedback button in your instance as Atlassian is interested in NG feedback.

Elvira Kurti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2019

Thank you.

Sadly this feature is more important in next gen than in classical because there are no issue type schemes and so forth, so how do you take use of your custom issues within an org?

I will provide feed back on this.

Like Tim Padgett likes this
0 votes
Johnny Lombardo March 2, 2020

Hello,

Is there an update to this thread?

It would seem to me, that this type of feature is incredibly useful.

Otherwise, NG is basically a one-off and I'll just switch back to classic.

Thanks,

Suggest an answer