How to change ticket status from Unresolved to Resloved

Chaitanya B August 9, 2022

Hi team, we have some tickets automatically closed without resolution status Resolved,
now how can I change those tickets Resolution status to Resolved, please have a look at below screen shot
un.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Chaitanya B 

• Go to related Workflow -> Edit
  • Add transition from Resolved to Resolved.
  • Go to post-functions -> Update Field Value -> Resolution = Done.
  • Publish workflow.
  • Go to issue navigator -> search JQL -> Bulk Change -> Transition all issues from Resolved to Resolved.
  • After finishing, revert the workflow back.
Hugo Gómez August 9, 2022

Agree with @Tansu Akdeniz 

Also, I would suggest to find why you ended up with the issues in such a state. You may have a custom workflow or Automation rule that it is not properly setting the resolution of an issue. Please note that it is often not enough to transition the issue to a DONE state, you should always check that in the workflow's post functions you also set the resolution.

Chaitanya B August 9, 2022

Hi Tansu,

Thank you so much.

Like John Funk likes this
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

You are welcome @Chaitanya B  !!

Mark Johnstone August 11, 2023

When I try to do the same on my Closed status I continually get the following error 

"You cannot perform this operation on a draft workflow. More Information."

Anyone experienced this ? Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events