How to change the order of XAxis in Two Dimensional Filter Statistics

zheng_zhao March 30, 2021

I created a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics to summary the bugs quantity by "status" and "detected versions".

I found that the order of status are "TODO", "IN PROGRESS", "DONE", "READY FOR TEST". 

I'd like to move the "DONE" to the rightest, how should I do?

BTW, I found other answer said it is due to the origin order for these status, I need to re-order the status. But when I login in by my Admin account, I couldn't fine how to re-order the status.

2 answers

1 accepted

13 votes
Answer accepted
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Hello Zheng.

From what I know, the order of statuses in the two dimensional gadget is relative to the order on the statuses page in the administration, as you see on this screenshot : Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 13.26.20.png

You can try reordering your statuses so as they appear in this order in the administration (using the arrows on the right) :

TODO
IN PROGRESS
READY FOR TEST
DONE

It should not affect anything else so don't be afraid. Let me know if it helped ;)

Monica Morris February 26, 2024

This worked perfectly for me @Flavien Gache , thank you so much for sharing the solution!

Jonathan Tang February 28, 2024

Thank you, @Flavien Gache for this solution.

If you're managing a company with a lot of statuses, the Admin UI is horrific.  You need to press an individual up/down arrow, wait for the page refresh, scroll back to your status, hover over the tiny arrow, click and repeat.

Work around it by re-posting the URL in a separate tab repeatedly; then periodically check order:

1. Open up your browser's Web Dev Tools, monitoring the Network tab.
  2. Click the up or down arrow on the status you want.
  3. In the Network tab, click on the URL titled "StatusDown.jspa..." (or StatusUp depending on your need).
  4. Copy the Request URL in its entirety.
  5. Paste and apply this URL as many times as you want in another browser tab.

This process is still very manual, but avoids scrolling the page, finding the exact arrow and waiting for the page to reload.
Monica Morris February 29, 2024

@Jonathan Tang Thanks for suggesting this, I agree the Admin UI is absolutely terrible and will give your suggestion a try.

I noticed that clicking that tiny arrow a bunch of times seems to make the Status move as many spaces as clicks are registered by the browser.

So for example - I want to move our 'Done' status to the bottom of the list. Clicking the tiny down arrow once and waiting for the page to refresh only moves it down one position on the list. But clicking that tiny down arrow 5 times moves the Status down 5 positions! I've been able to get up to ~11 clicks before the browser force-refreshes on me. 

Still not great and could probably cause carpal tunnel syndrome lol but it's another way of working around the awful interface.

Justinas Zavistanavičius
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

@Monica Morris Such a silly way of doing it (clicking as many times as possible before the refresh), but it did save quite a bit of time, since I had to move a lot of statuses around. 

Thanks!

Like Monica Morris likes this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2021

Hi @zheng_zhao  - I don't know if this will actually solve your issue or not, but you can add a property to the transition in the workflow to add the Opsbar sequence to set the order

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Maybe that will affect the order in the Two-Dimensional filter as well. 

Malene Vikkelsø December 12, 2023

I tried that. It only affects on the issue view. The suggestion by @Flavien Gache is the way to go about it, and of course vote on this issue to enable customization: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-35938

Suggest an answer