How to change the filter which is used in a rapid board to an existing one in Jira 4?

arminb2909 August 4, 2014

How to change the filter which is used in a rapid board to an existing one in Jira 4?

1 answer

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Just go to Board > Configure Board

==> General >> Change Filter

You have to be the creator of that filter/Board to do so.

arminb2909 August 11, 2014

That is precisely what I expected, but still there is the problem: where do I find this function? I even searched the source of the hypertext - there is no "general".

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

oO

It must be the first option.

arminb2909 August 12, 2014

My screen looks different. Are you sure you are dealing with version 4? I dont have the left side menu at all. Columns, swimlanes and quickfilters I am presented as tabs, "edit filter" is a link below "shares", and I can edit and rename the current filter there, but I can not use another, existing one. If I choose the intended filters name I can not save without error message "filter already exists". Worse: rename or save as does not only change the filter of the currently configured rapid board but also the filter of all other bosrds using the same filter. What I tried to do was a clone of the rapid board with the intention to change the filter of the copy. Absolutely impossible, you change the filter of original and of the copy at the same time.

Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2014

Hi Armin,

yes you are right. After adding the ScreenShot I re-read your question and saw that your are using Jira 4. The Screenshot was made in Jira 6. and Jira-Agile 6.4.

Hmm, if you can't change the filter, is there any way to create a new board with that wished filter? I know re-creating a board could need a little bit of configuration time..

I just tried to changed the filter (not the query in the filter) in Jira-Agile 6.4. There it works :-)

Kind regards
André

arminb2909 August 12, 2014

Evidently, the web frontend hasn't got the feature in our Version. Is there a possibility of injecting a groovy script, that does the job?

Suggest an answer