How to change project from team managed to company managed?

Shelby Dziwulski September 20, 2022

Hey all! 

My team is having an issue. We are about to start a sprint for a new product. I created a project for the product and selected team managed and not company managed. Unfortunately now, because of that, our FE team can't add tasks to their sprint for some reason....it needs to be company managed for them to add tasks across multiple projects to the same sprint. 

We can't change the settings ourselves. This seems like a simple thing, any idea how to just switch the project? We've written hundreds of cards in the current project, so deleting and starting over is not an option. 

Thanks! 

2 answers

0 votes
Karen Bottai September 20, 2022

I just ran into this issue, and you cannot. I suggest you open a ticket with Atlassian to suggest it as an enhancement.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hello @Shelby Dziwulski 

Welcome to the community.

You cannot change a project from Team Managed to Company Managed or vice versa. You have to create a new project of the other type and then move the issues to the new project.

Refer to 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/

Suggest an answer