How to change layout of board display of an issue such that fields are not "squished"

Daniel Krawec October 17, 2018

I'm dealing with a Jira issue in which the fields I've chosen to include on the board display of an issue are in a layout that is very difficult to use. Most of the fields are squished into a right-hand column on the screen that appears when an issue is clicked on within the board.

How do I re-arrange the fields or edit the layout so that all these fields are easily readable and editable?

Thank you!Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 4.08.37 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I think I figured it out. it's the "New Jira Issue View" which is a new approach to information display. I was able to turn this off by clicking on the Kebab menu, which brought me to the Personal Settings menu. By turning it off, it brought back what I formerly understood to be the view, hence my confusion.

Thanks for your help @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

This is not strictly the "edit issue" screen, it's a board display of an issue, where there are some edit options.

It's not currently possible to change the layout of the board displays.

First, thanks very much for your help and quick reply.

Secondly, I'm not convinced. I took a brief 5-month hiatus from Jira earlier this year, however in previous use of the product I never ran into this issue. What determines in this case that attachments and activity are the two fields that get displayed in the wider, left column?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2018

The code for the board displays is currently like that.  That's about it really.

Suggest an answer