How to change email of cloud managed admin account

Oliver Grohme July 23, 2019

We have two "site-admins" account and I have to change the eMail address of one of them.

How can I do this?

If I login as the one to change, the system tells me that the account is managed and I have to contact the admin, but I am an admin. Some if I use the second site-admins account.

2 answers

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

Sorry, you did say that. I shouldn’t try to problem solve at the end of the day lol. You probably want to submit something directly to Support for this one. My guess is that you may have to create a new account and disable the existing one rather than modify it, but I’m not sure. Someone else may eventually reply here with the correct answer, it really just depends on how quickly you want to resolve this. 

If you do get an answer, it would be great if you could post a response back here so that others can find it in the future. 

Oliver Grohme August 1, 2019

The problem was that there was a mix of users from two authentication sources. This made it impossible to change the mail address of a user belonging to source 2 to source 1. You have to register with https://admin.atlassian.com and the right user, then a change of the mail address is possible without problems. My fault.

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Oliver,

Is your organization using a Single Sign-On product and/or Atlassian Access? The message you're seeing is generally due to another product managing credentials.

Darryl

We are using the integrated user management of the jira and confluence cloud .

oliver

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2019

Oliver,

Do you have Site Administrator privileges? It appears you might need to use the Site Administration Users portal to update the information. I cannot tell for sure because we're using a SSO product that ties our account info to Active Directory, so there are no options in Confluence or Jira for me to change anything.

Settings - User management - Users.

As i already wrote: there are two Site Admins, I logon as Site Admin A to change the eMail address of Site Admin B. The screen tells me that the account is managed and I should contact a Site Admin. Great Joke! So I logon as Site Admin B to change the eMail Address of Site Admin B. Same joke!

Suggest an answer