How to change associated colour of columns for child issue progress bar

Pepijn Ekelmans April 22, 2021

Hello!

I currently have a simple board set up with 4 categories. I'm quite fond of the way I can divide a task into child issues, which I gladly make use of. However, for some reason, when the progress bar is filled in, it uses the same colour for the 2nd and 3rd column, as you can see in the image below. Is there a way of changing this, or is this colour simply assigned because it's one of the "middle columns"? For me, the second and third column are quite different parts of my process, so I would love to be able to distinguish them in the progress bar.Screenshot_1.png

Also a small different question, is it possible to assign a weight to child issues? For example, chapter 2 in this report is not nearly as long as chapter 3, so it would make more sense to me if that would the progress bar would reflect that.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @Pepijn Ekelmans -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The colors you note are assigned based upon the 3 Status Categories: To Do, In Progress, and Done.  This is why your "middle" columns all have the same color, as they have the same status category: In Progress.  I do not believe those colors can be changed with out-of-the-box Jira.

For your second question about weighting the color-bar, that is based upon the count of issues, and so the behaviour cannot be changed with out-of-the-box Jira.  There are other reports which can be based upon estimation, such as Story Points, and you may want to investigate them.

Best regards,

Bill

Pepijn Ekelmans April 22, 2021

Hello Bill,

I understand, that's a shame. I'll just keep using it like this then. Thank you for your time! Those story points do sound interesting however, I'll take a look. Thanks!

Regards,

Pepijn

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

By the way, I found this old suggestion to allow people to assign custom colors for status categories (and a linked item for status colors).  Please take a look to watch/vote for it if you are interested:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-37395

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events