How to calculate the difference between date of creation and date of resolved in jira cloud

Pantham Akhil February 3, 2022

Hello all how to calculate the difference between the created date and resolved date in jira cloud using automation rule can you guys please help me in this..

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi Pantham,

Create a custom number field to hold the value of the difference.

Then add a new action for Edit issue and select the new field. 

You can put this in the field: {{issue.resolved.diff(created).days}}

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Pantham Akhil ,

have you reviewed this doc - jira-smart-values-date-and-time 

please share the automation that you currently have and where it might be stuck.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2022

Hi @Pantham Akhil

I know you're explicitly referring to Automation for Jira - but depending on your use case, you may not even automation to get to this value. For example, we just introduced "Time between created and resolved" as a special field in JXL for Jira. You can add it to your issue table like any other field, sort and filter by it, and export it to Excel, all without any kind of automation or scripting involved.

This is how it looks in action:

time-between-created-and-resolved.gif

(Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes

Suggest an answer