How to be notified when a test run is set to FAIL

NA June 18, 2019

Hello,

I would like to be notify when a test run is updated to FAIL in some case by setting rule in automation.
Do you know

1) Which trigger i have to choose to get the test run status is set or updated event?

•  Field value changed, (which filed?),
  • Issue property updated (which property)
  • Issue updated

2) Which issue type will be used : test, test execution...?

Another way, could we filter the notify by changing the setting in: Project settings -> Notifications -> Test Run Status set to Final? That mean, the mail must be sent in some cases but not every time when the test run status is set?

Best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Krishnanand Nayak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2019

In the Xray Setting Fail is already set as a Final Status. So, you can follow these instructions to set up the notification scheme to get notified for failure.

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Email+Notifications

NA July 4, 2019

Thanks Krishnanand Nayak  for the answers,

I was per harp not very clearly in the question.

I want to be notified only in some case of fail, not all following the condition added. 

E.g. I 'll be notified only for the first time that the test is turning to fail (not the 2nd, 3rd...), or only for the test with high priority ...

With the XRAY notification setting, I will be notified every time that the test is fail, so it cant not answers my needs.

Thanks

Suggest an answer