Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to autosave description

Sometimes i write description and forget to save it. How to autosave description when i'm moving to another page or issue? I don't need save button

Screenshot_1.png

1 answer

Hi @appsmobiliojivisata ,

It should already do this. Even if you close the tab and return to the issue later on, the changes you make should still be retained, and you might see something like this:

2021-06-25 16_17_18-[TEST-5] test 2 - Jira.png

I see on you screenshot that they unsaved. So other users won't see your changes)

Hi @appsmobiliojivisata 

No, other users will not see the unsaved changes, and this is a behavior/problem to watch for in the new issue view...

We recently had one user edit a field, click elsewhere on the page, and that resulted in unsaved changes.  Those changes stuck around for over a month in the cloud...eventually when saved, it replaced subsequent edits by other users.  Luckily we could see the changes in history and re-implement them.

One lesson: always select save or cancel for description changes on the new issue view.

Best regards,

Bill

@appsmobiliojivisata The functionality is the intended design, as you may start to make some notes but don't yet want them to be saved/published, so that is why there is this concept of the 'unsaved draft'. But do watch out for what @Bill Sheboy has described as this could definitely catch people out!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira admin's joining kit

Hello Atlassian's, This post will be a useful and valuable starter guide for new joiners into the team:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins/Atlympics-Jira-Cloud-New-joiner-st...

49 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you