How to automatically change the assignee on a task?

Hanieh Katebian January 11, 2021

I need to know how I can automatically change the assignee after an issue is done and assign a new person to it without doing it by hand. 

For example, one person is responsible for an issue, they finish the task and set the status on Done, Another person needs to be informed and start working on the uploaded data. I also need to see how the second person is proceeding, whether they are working on it, finished or not? 

Is there a solution for this or should I just link the task to another and do everything by hand?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

@Hanieh Katebian 

You can use automation.

trigger -> when transitioned to done

action -> assign issue to the user

optionally you can add the conditions

auto_assign.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I would use Automation. Basically...

trigger - issue transitioned

condition - status = done 

condition - any other condition to ensure you zero in on only the issues you wish to reassign

action - set assign to new user 

there is more to the details but it is difficult to be specific without the details. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events