Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to automate issues creating with every quarter?

Hi Team

Please find below attached

1. Summary: IAM Access Key Rotation - ASI Production Account <<1st month of Quarter >><<Year>> to <<3rd month of Quarter >><<Year>>

The second month of every quarter

2. Summary : IAM Access Key Rotation- Dev accounts: Idx_Security-  <<1st month of Quarter >><<Year>> to <<3rd month of Quarter >><<Year>>

So, How to update automatically this SUMMARY AS "<<1st month of Quarter >><<Year>> to <<3rd month of Quarter >><<Year>>"

Q1-JAN,FEB, MAR

Q2-APR, MAY, JUN

Q3-JUL, AUG, SEP

Q4-OCT, NOV, DEC

Please verify and let me know.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Sep 02, 2022

Hi Hareesh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I wrote an article a few months back that you might find helpful:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862

0 votes

Hi, @Hareesh Puralasetty

I`m not so good in automation, but I suggest trying out Business Process Manager add-on.

We at the SaaSJet team have developed this plug-in to standardize and streamline business processes, such as recurring task creation. Use a flexible scheduler to set a start date

image.png

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh Community Leader Sep 02, 2022

Hi @Hareesh Puralasetty 

User Automation for JIRA to create a ticket. You can specify as follows:

1. Trigger: Schedule (every 3 months)
  2. Set a create an issue.

You can consider using the cron service to set the schedule to determine when it will run.

regards

@Ismael Jimoh I know this 

1. Trigger: Schedule (every 3 months)
  2. Set a create an issue.                                                                                                     How to automate this in summary 

"<<1st month of Quarter >><<Year>> to <<3rd month of Quarter >><<Year>>"

for example

<<Previous Month>><<Year>> For this : - {{now.minusMonths(1).format("MMM/yyyy")}} 

Above show's as previous month, and year

Like that I am expecting for "<<1st month of Quarter >><<Year>> to <<3rd month of Quarter >><<Year>>"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,068 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events