How to associate a workflow schema wth a project

Pascal Tricard June 7, 2022

Hello,

I am starting to use JIRA CLoud to prepare our migration.

And I can't find how to associate a workflow schema wth a project.

In the documentation, I did find

Associate a workflow scheme with a project

To finish activating your workflow, associate the workflow scheme it's in with a project. If an issue type is not defined in the project's issue type scheme, that specific workflow is not used.

1. Select the project you want to associate your workflow scheme to.

2. Go to your project and click Project settings

3. Click Workflows. You'll see which workflow scheme the project currently uses.

But no Workflow option on the Project settings screen.

How do I get there?

Thank you for your help

Pascal

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Pascal Tricard ,

what is your project type. Is it company managed project or team managed project?

For company managed project you can see workflow option in project settings.

For team managed project , each issue type will have separate & independent work. You can select issue types under project setting  and can edit the workflow.

Pascal Tricard June 7, 2022

Hi @Sreenivasaraju P 

Thanks for the information, I didn't know this difference.

On the other hand, in the team managed project version, it is not possible to associate an existing workflow with a type, it must be defined by type.
Is this correct?

Thanks

Pascal

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Yes, you must modify the workflow for each Team-managed project by Issue Type.  

Pascal Tricard June 8, 2022

Ok, thanks

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer