How to archive a team managed Project in Jira for Standard License?

Adham Al Khuli June 11, 2021

I read here, that it is easy to archive a team managed project in Jira, but the instructions here is only for Premium license users.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.html

the question is: is there any way to archive a project without Premium license?

what other option I can use to deal with unwanted project without deleting it?

ANSWER:

thanks to: @Mykenna Cepek

• Go into "Project Settings > Access"
    • Ensure that the appropriate admins are listed for the "Administrator" role.
    • Remove all other users from all other roles.
    • Click on Change project access and choose "Private"

If you want to be the only one who can see the project, then remove all Administrators group from access list and keep yourself as administrator.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

I believe a Team-Managed (NextGen) Project can be archived (sort of) as follows:

The net result is that only admins will have visibility to the project. It shouldn't show (even in the All Projects list) for most users, but admins will still see it.

This is a close analogy to the workaround many of us used for years to "archive" Company-Managed (Classic) Projects, before the actual archive feature was added.

P.S. There was an existing ticket on this topic, but it has been closed: JSWCLOUD-17494.

Adham Al Khuli June 17, 2021

@Mykenna Cepek , thanks for the answer!

I just noticed that your way with two more steps, can completely hide the project from the project list or even from search results.

• Click on Change project access and choose "Private"

Now only me can see the project( I also removed Administrators groups from access list and kept myself)

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this
2 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

Hi,

If you can't archive a projet you can make it readonly or "hide" it from user, you need to create a new permission scheme that will allow just a few people to access this project.

Hope this helps

Adham Al Khuli June 11, 2021

Hi Mohamed,

well, I tried to hide using the permission scheme, but this project is a team managed and most options are not displayed, I'm trying to see if other admins have a different view or options (as long as the one who created the project is no longer working for the company).

permission scheme is not showing up and not available for this project.

thanks for your answer!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events