How to archive a project in Jira Cloud?

Sofia Grunspan April 10, 2023

Hi! I've been asking to archive a project but I cannot find this option in the project management. Is this a feature available in Jira Cloud?

I hope you can help, thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

@Nicolas Grossi is correct, you currently need to have a Premium license to use archiving. I'd like to do some archiving, but can't with current structure as we're not ready for Premium.  I ended up going through my 'Archive' projects and manipulated them so they aren't showing up in people's Project list.

1) I went into my unwanted projects and changed the project settings so only administrators see them.

2) I created a separate Project Group called 'Archive' so I could filter them out easily. 

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Sofia Grunspan 

The Archive Project feature is available only for Premium or Enterprise plans. Take a look at this: Archive a project

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

In the cloud, you need to have Premium or Enterprise to get archiving. My workaround is to remove access to the projects that people shouldn't be using.

Of course, you can always upgrade! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events