How to apply a workflow to a project

Vlad May 11, 2021

I have a Kanban project. I created a new workflow.

And I can't apply it to my project. I found this instruction:

From your project's sidebar, select Project settings () > Workflows.

But I don't have "Workflows" in project settings.

How can I fix that?

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

I have to wonder if maybe you are using a team managed project. If that is the case then you can’t I add a workflow created via the company managed project means. You can edit the current workflow but you can’t create one outside of the project and import it. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hi Vlad,

Go to Settings > Issues > Workflow Schemes

Then add the workflow you created to the Workflow Scheme being used by your project. Be sure to map any different issue types at that time as well.

Then, finally, be sure to publish your workflow scheme changes. 

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

HI @Vlad Welcome to the community.

To switch to new new workflow for your project please follow the below document for adding your new workflow to the existing workflow scheme or with new workflow scheme, select the issue-type you want to use that workflow. publish the changes

You will require an  admin access on the instance to update the workflows in your project.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-workflows/

Let me know if you face any issues.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events