How to aggregate row counts from several filters

Wilf April 25, 2024

I've got 3+ filters over one project board- different types of tickets in different status. For this I'm only interested in the number of issues in each filter.

Currently I can see totals by looking at each filter on the dashboard, noting the total of rows for each and adding up on my fingers and toes.

Is it possible to have a table of filter counts on the Dashboard?

<Filter 1 title>  ¦ 18

<Filter 2 title>  ¦ 98

<Filter 3 title>  ¦ 37

Total:  153

Or have I gone down the wrong trouser leg and there is a simpler way of showing results per filter and total in one place?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Hi @Wilf 

I do not believe there is a built-in dashboard gadget to show counts for different filters.  There are certainly multiple marketplace addon gadgets to do this type of reporting.

You do not show your filters, yet note they differ by issue type and status.  Have you reviewed the filter criteria to learn if they could be merged to one query and then use the Two-Dimensional Filter Statistic gadget would work for the criteria?

Kind regards,
Bill

Wilf April 25, 2024

I'm a total Jira novice so will have a delve into 2D Filter frivolities and see what I can work out - thanks for the pointer

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2024

Although it may seem like a lot of info, here is some documentation and free training from Atlassian to help learn more about creating JQL to solve your team's needs:

If you run into specific challenges trying to merge the queries, please post them so the community can offer suggestions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events