How to adjust the workflow scheme of my project?

Kimo September 15, 2022

I've followed all the steps in this explanation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-workflows/

But I run into an issue on this part:

1. Go to your project and click Project settings

2. Click Workflows. You'll see which workflow scheme the project currently uses.

When I navigate to my project settings there doesn't seem to be a workflow category. I can view my project's workflow by expanding the dropdown and selecting 'Manage Workflow', but I can't change the workflow scheme.

I'm the creator of the project with all administrative rights

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Are you using a team managed or company managed project? It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

The page you referenced is specific to Company Managed projects. Workflow management for Team Managed projects is covered here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/manage-how-work-flows-in-your-team-managed-project-1005805102.html

If you are in a Company Managed project and are not a Jira Administrator then you will not be able to modify the Workflows as described in the page you referenced.

If your project is using a Simplified Workflow, and you are an administrator for the agile (scrum or kanban) board for the project, then you can do some limited modifications of the workflows (such as adding statuses) through the Board Settings > Columns page.

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hello @Kimosabe . Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you know if you're in a Team-managed project or a Company-managed project?  Workflow schemes won't show on a Team-managed project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events