How to add your script in scriptrunner as a post function in Jira.

ABDUL_AZIZ_SALIM_BASHA_SHAIKH September 26, 2019

The ScriptRunner is not allowing to import packages and there is only option using RestAPI. I want to fetch the values of the radio buttons  for a specific project and perform operations after the selection is done.

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is different to ScriptRunner Jira Server as Jira Cloud does not provide the Java API which the server version has as Atlassian restrict what functions can be performed on the cloud through the Rest API.

This is the reason that your Import statement gives an error as this import statement is only valid for the Java API on Jira Server.

More information on the differences between the cloud and server versions can be found in the documentation page located here.

I can also confirm that you only use imports provided by the standard Java 8 classes as described in the documentation page here and that as mentioned previously you can only interact with Jira Cloud through the Rest API as Atlassian do not provide the same Java API in Jira Cloud that they do in Jira Server.

Finally, I can confirm that we have examples of how to interact with different custom field types, inside of the documentation page located here and you will be able to use these examples as a reference guide, to help you create the script that you require.

If this answer has solved your issue can you please accept it in order to mark this answer as correct for users who are searching for a similar issue.

Regards,

Kristian

Suggest an answer