How to add more than one recipient (author) when commenting the customer?

WMF Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

We are using JIRA for our support. We only see one author (mail sender). If the mail sender has more than one on the distribution list, we cannot see this. Also the other colleagues (CC) will not be informed, if we work on the ticket and comment this. How to arrange this? How can we send a comment to more than one recipient / author of the workitem?

Thanks a lot and best regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

Jira has the notion of watchers. If the colleagues are users in your Jira instance you can add them as watchers. JSD has the notion of Customers that do not require a license and can be added as Request Participants which are similar to Watchers but the difference here is license vs. no license.

WMF Support
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 15, 2019

Thanks. Our customer (mail sender) has no licence. We have default setting. I'm going to try watchers now and check if it works for our demand. Best regards!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

to be a watcher they must have a license. Question, I want to ensure that we are talking JSW here and not JSD. The only reason I ask is you are referencing "Customers" which is capitalized which is common term for JSD.

Suggest an answer