How to add help text under attachment field?

Yousif Al Rawahi May 1, 2024

I'm trying to add a helper text under attachment field, which says 'Please attach your approved resignation', but it doesn't seem to work. I have used scriptrunner for Jira.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 120450.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 120548.png

What could be the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Hi @Yousif Al Rawahi , thanks for your question.

You should be able to do this with the standard functionality of Jira, without ScriptRunner.

If you go, for this project / issue to the Field Configuration, which you can find here -

image.png

It should be possible with the 'Edit fields' function to insert a description / call to action for the field of Attachment.

image.png

The only thing to be cautious of is that often there is just one or two field configurations in the system, so if this is just for one project, you will need to create a new scheme, make the changes and apply it.

Please let us have your feedback if this resolved your issue.

Cheers

The problem is that attachment is associated with more than 100 screens, which means it will be applied to all, unless if there is a way to apply on my screen only.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2024

Hi @Yousif Al Rawahi , you can copy and create new field configurations which you can then apply only to one project. If you want to pursue the scripted solution, hopefully someone else can help.

Cheers

It's a default field, it's not a custom field.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2024

Hi @Yousif Al Rawahi , thanks for your feedback. Yes, I know it is a standard field and I demonstrated how to achieve this configuration using the standard functionality, as opposed to the scripted solution.

I have tagged this question with some ScriptRunner tags in the hope that someone else can comment on why your approach isn't working.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events