How to add existing Epic to Timeline?

Jason Chayer April 29, 2024

This is probably very straightforward and sure I am missing something, but how do I add an existing Epic to the Timeline?

I am just now starting to use Timeline, I have a software company managed project. I have looked at the tutorial, but this only shows me how to create a new Epic and child issues from the Timeline. However, I am wanting to pull in existing Epics and child issues to the Timeline.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Varsha Patil April 29, 2024

Check your board filter, it may have a field like "team" which assigns issues to board. For an Epic update the same field. e.g. if project filter is like Team="ABC" then for epic update team="ABC". 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hello @Jason Chayer 

With the Standard subscription you have access to the "basic" Timeline feature. That means you are constrained to a single project. The Timeline feature will be available when you are viewing a Board, and should show the Epics that are within the scope of that board's filter.

Is that not the experience you are having?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events