How to add epic to Agile board

I have created one epic. Now I am not sure how to add this epic to a particular agile board.

Please help??

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You need to make sure that the input to that agile board (can be a filter or project or multiple projects) contains that epic.

So, check what is the input to your board, if it is just a project, then move your epic to that project and it will start appearing on the agile board.

If its a filter, then modify the jql filter so that it includes the epic you just created.

rahul

This widget could not be displayed.

To elaborate on Rahul's answer, cos it took me a while to understand the implications:

• Epics are a type of issue
  • Epic issues are typically assigned to someone different than the task issues that are associated to the epics
  • Epic issues must be included in the board filter in order for epics to be available for board capabilities, eg in the backlog epics panel, in reports, etc,
  • Typical board filter might look like
  • project = project-name AND assignee in (user1, user2, etc) ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • In that case you need to explicitly include epic type issues
  • project = project-name AND (assignee in (user1, user2, etc) or type=epic) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,439 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you