How to add additional days to an updated custom field on another custom field

Seun Mustapha December 9, 2020

Hi All,

I have a custom "Date Accepted" field and "Date completed" field on Jira cloud and will like the Date completed field to be updated with by adding few days e.g 2 days to any value entered in the Date accepted field 

Can anyone help with this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

You can use Automation. Have you attempted this? Here is a link to the docs around working with date fields to assist - smart-values-date-and-time-functions 

Seun Mustapha December 9, 2020

Thanks for the update but I did look into the option of automating this however it is not returning the value I need. I tried this but it does not return any value

{{issue.[Date Accepted].plusBusinessDays(10)}}

I want WO ETA value to be the value entered in Date Accepted +10 days

Capture.PNG

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Seun Mustapha -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please try to remove the square brackets around the smart value:

{{issue.Date Accepted.plusBusinessDays(10)}}

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

that should do it i think

Seun Mustapha December 10, 2020

That works fine. Thank you both

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Celyn June 1, 2021

When I tried this, the rule was successful but did not change the date as anticipated.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Celyn -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please consider posting an image (and/or the smart values) you tried.  That will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Celyn June 2, 2021

Hi Bill, we figured it out.  The syntax provided above did not work for us.  Once we changed the syntax to quotation marks the rule worked.

{{"Estimate Delivery Date".plusbusinessdays(10)}}

image.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2021

Hi, Celyn. 

I am glad you got it to work...and...I have not seen consistency in automation rules of when the quotation marks around custom field names are needed/not needed.  The fallback when neither seems to work is to use the custom field ID number instead, such as: {{issue.customfield_12345}}

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events