How to add a transition screen to active workflow

JRodney Estrada September 18, 2020

Hi,

What is the correct way to add a "Resolve Screen" transition screen to an active workflow? The workflow currently has 5 statuses that have global transitions enabled. I'm guessing "All" means each status can transition to any other status moving forward or backwards.

Here is where my questions comes in. How do I add a "Resolve Screen" transition screen between "In Progress" to "Done" without it creating a second "Done" on the task screen? I suspect it's because there's already a global transition but I don't know the correct steps for replacing the global transition between "In Progress" to "Done" with my 'transition screen' transition without breaking anything connected. What should I check beforehand?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

@JRodney Estrada - steps for replacing the global transition between "In Progress" and "Done" would be to:

1. Remove the "All" transition to "Done".
  2. Make a transition from each non-"Done" status to the "Done" status.
  3. Specify a transition screen for the "In Progress" to "Done" transition.

(Since you still have "All" transitions on the other statuses, users can still "undo" an issue's status to an earlier one if they mess up.)

JRodney Estrada September 18, 2020

@Dave Liao will try that, thanks!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

@JRodney Estrada - no problem - hopefully that does the trick!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events