How to add a closed issue to a version?

I need to add an earlier sprint's closed Greenhopper issues to a Version: how is this done (can't find in documentation: closed stories not displaying in board...)

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Here's another workaround if you'd like to allow editing of closed issues Lisa - https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=308609031. It would involve editing the workflow applied to that project.

Well, that's annoying! Thanks for the help, jJson.

Hi Lisa,

JIRA/GH won't allow you to edit a closed issue - changing the version of an issue is the equivalent of editing it's 'Fixed Version' field. You'll thus need to reopen these issues, edit them (in bulk) to change that field, then close them again.

... and what exacly do you do to "re-open" them, pls?

(I'm afraid I can anticipate the answer to this, but anyway...)

Can you add closed issues to another project inside the same phase? We have a ui/ux project that will address a story (ie, send it through the stages of that project until the UI/UX is complete), then that "closed" story is transferred to the back end project that will address BE development for the same stories. So, we plan to "move" the story from UI/UX, to backlog of BackEnd.

Can this be done? If not, can we just not "close" the UI/UX sotries (ie, only change them to "Done" when complete, just never finalize with "closed" staus")?

When you reopen and edit the issue to change the version, doesn't that also affect other reports like - when it was closed, what sprint it belongs to etc. . . .

Another workaround I've found that worked for me is that you can create a Kanban board with a filter that has only the issue(s) you want to assign a version to that are done. Then on the "Done" column, you can click "Release" and apply a version to them even though they're marked as done.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,065 views 5 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you