How to add a Assignee filter to the quick filter?

Rajasekhar Maddela August 16, 2018

I have 2 different instances of JIRA. On the first one, when I select Active sprint, I don't see quick filter for Assignee but I can see it under the second instance. Please let me know how I enable it.

JIRA_config.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

The instance with the Assignee dropdown is most probably Jira Software Cloud, while the other on Jira Software Server since the feature is only available in Cloud

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

please let me know how to do that

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

@shetty, assuming as Chung mentions, you are using one Server instance and one Cloud instance then you cannot enable the Assignee drop down on your server instance. You can however create a quick filter for each assignee separately.

@Jack BrickeyI'm interested in knowing more about the second option. Could you please elaborate or add a screen shot showing how/where it can be done? I need to view individual assignments during my daily standup meetings. Thanks in advance.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

If you own the board simply go into Board Settings > Quick filters and add a quick filter for each user! E.g.

Rajasekhar      Assignee = Rajasekhar.maddela

Jack.                Assignee = jack.brickey

etc.

this will result in the name (first column/field) being displayed across the header in the board.

Like emma lloyd likes this

Got it. That works for me. Appreciate your quick reply. Thanks again !!

Mikaela Ramos February 7, 2020

Is it possible to set a quick filter for all tickets that are unassigned? So like Assignee = Null ?
Edit: Nevermind, my guess did actually work.

SESHA THIRU November 9, 2020

This has probably been answered, but I am asking that again.

How do I filter tickets on an an active SPRINT board by Assignee. I am not looking for a drop down, but names like this:

JOE.                           JACK                                    JILL                      MARY 

The functionality would be this: When I click a name say "JOE", it would filter all tickets assigned to JOE on that sprint.

How do I do this?  Thanks in advance for your answers.

Ha Tran Vinh November 9, 2020

Hi @SESHA THIRU . You can go to Board-> Configure->Quick filters to add. For ex: JOE in the "Name" field and "assignee = joe" in the "JQL" field.

Like Martine Boomsma likes this
15 votes
Ha Tran Vinh June 6, 2019

The Assignee dropdown is a very useful feature for Daily meeting. I'm using Server instance to manage 3 Scrum teams working in a same product. Having 30 quick filters for 30 members is not convenient. 

Tham. Tran Thi Hong March 30, 2022

how to config the assignee dropdown?

Like # people like this
ghislainthau May 11, 2022

And I'd like to know if it is possible to display more people. On a big screen (28" 2k or 4k) and less than 10 teams members, the dropdown is an annoyance when selecting/unselecting members.

Like Sylvia Guillen likes this
0 votes
Anastasia Andriyanova _Teamlead_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2023

Hi, Rajasekhar!

If you are fine with a marketplace app to get this data, you can try out our add-on:

Agile Filters for Jira Boards

You can filter tasks by assignee, statuses, and more. And also you can select as many parameters as you need.

Agile Filters for Jira Boards is available on the Marketplace – you can try it!

Feel free to ask any questions if you need even more information about our app.

Suggest an answer