How to add Restriction for Approved and Closed/Resolved Tickets

Yash Pradhan May 24, 2023

Hi,
As we are having multiple projects working at different environment in our Jira, is there any way to restrict the editing rights for Closed/Resolved/Approved Stage Tickets.
Only few listed people can edit it.

Capture.PNG  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2023

Hi Yash,

Yes, you can simply add a Condition to the transition to Closed/Resolved/Approved statuses in your workflow that restrict who can actually execute the transition. 

Yash Pradhan May 25, 2023

Hi John, 
thanks for the kind response so, if i am not wrong - I need to Add a Condition in the Workflow movement stage that these only people can Move the stages whether it's on (Closed/Resolved/Approved statuses).

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Correct

Yash Pradhan May 25, 2023

One more question John,
Can you suggest any Globally Accepted Certification for Jira, which can help me in growth perspective.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

Sure - you can do either ACP-120 or ACP-620 certifications. Either would be good.  :-)

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events