How to add QC manager to approve the task?

Phoebe Tran August 9, 2019

Hey guys, I'm new to Jira and for what I recalled Jira should have a QC manager field who control the quality of the task (who can set 'Done' to the task) and the QC manager usually is not the one created the task/issue. Can anyone have answer for this? 

Thanks a lot

Phoebe

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2019

You can use condition / validator in workflow to check that logged in user is equal to the user who is set in QC manager field. Only if this condition is resolved as True, condition displays button / validator allows user to perform transition.

Do you have more details about QC manager field?

Phoebe Tran August 15, 2019

Hey Martin,

the QC manager is the one who can approve the task to before sending out to client. Basically, the assignee and QC manager are usually two different users. QC manager can approve or give comment/feedback to assignee. 

I have tried to create my own workflow to look for the answer but after I publish it, all task created before and later disappeared. Still have no idea why. I'm trying to find if there is any person ask the same question but still cannot find. So I have to try again here. Thanks

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2019

In such case you have multiple options.

If you do not have any additional application installed in your Jira instance, you can use native functions. I would add permission "Resolve Issue" or "Close issue" to "value in custom field":

Selection_329.pngThen you have to check that validator of condition of the "Approve" transition uses this permission

Selection_330.pngSelection_331.png

On the other hand if you use for example JSU add-on, you can use "User is in Custom Field (JSU)" condition:Selection_327.pngSelection_328.png

Suggest an answer