How to add Columns/Filters to project issue list view

Mark Piland March 5, 2021

I'm new to Jira, but I've learned quite a bit about it. I'm the system admin and I'm trying to tailor to my company's need. I've been searching and trying to figure this out, but I can't seem to find anything. Is there a way on Jira Cloud to add columns to a project's issue list view? I have custom fields I'd like to be able to sort on. Here's a screenshot of the view I'm looking at for clarity. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Screenshot 2021-03-05 092127.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

You can not add columns in the project's issue view.

Following workarounds exist:

• Use the global issue search OR
  • Try Creating a filter using the global issue search with all the fields/ columns you want and then share the filter to the corresponding project and roles in that project.
Xavier Sigaud August 11, 2021

Hi @Deepanshu Natani

How would you share the filter to the corresponding project and roles in the project ?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

you should see "Columns" in the list view. I'm a bit confused by the image you have here as it does not look like what I am used to in Cloud but I am on Standard so maybe Premium is different. 

2021-03-05_10-42-41.jpg

Mark Piland March 5, 2021

Your view is for ALL project issues. I'm looking at a specific project (we have multiple going) issue view and that's why it is different. I could use the view you're using, but we have external vendors looking at specific projects and the issues assigned them to they need a way to sort their assigned issues in that project based on the custom fields.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

ah yes. i see. i never use the project list view much because it is too limited and cannot be configured. :-(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events