How to access JIRA REST API with Azure SSO token

Archana V July 19, 2021

Hi Team,

We are trying to access the REST API's using Azure SSO token enabled and we have SSO token as a input.

we have been going through with discussions all we can find only is to generate the token and access the Rest API using bearer type .In our case ,we have the Azure SSO token generated all we need to use that access API's

Kindly help us with the ways to access the Rest API with Azure SSO token.. which we have the token already been generated.

Ex  - Please suggest us with how we can add the generated  SSO token in the header. How we can use this token and access JIRA REST API's.

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards,

Archana

1 answer

0 votes
Shweta Vispute July 19, 2021

Hello Archana,

As I understand it, you want to authenticate your Jira REST API on an SSO enabled sever. This can be achieved by using the add-ons available on the marketplace.

I would like to pitch in the API Token/OAuth Authentication for Jira add-on that allows you to authenticate Jira APIs using any third party OAuth 2.0/ OpenID provider or API Tokens. The app supports Azure SSO tokens. Please find the step by step setup guide here.

PS: I am a developer at miniOrange, a Top Atlassian SSO Vendor!   

If you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it further, you can reach out to info@xecurify.com.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Shweta.

Archana V July 19, 2021

Hello Shweta,

Thanks for your reply.

As I know this addon is not free, Which I have referred already.

As per my team, we don't want to follow with tenant Id and client Id and all other process, In our case as I told already the input is direct SSO token. Where I don't need to configure/generate anything.

We expect some suggestion, how we can access the API with SSO token using header or any other luck.

Please suggest if is there any other ways to access the API's with  SSO token directly.

Regards,

Archana

Suggest an answer