How to Simplify GRA releases

Surya Durai May 3, 2023

Hi,

I would like to pick your brains on how you manage GRA releases in Jira.

Atm, I'm working on a global project with 3 different regions (APAC, EMEA & NALA) We manage region-specific tickets using Fix versions ex - APAC v1.0.0, NALAv1.0.0 & EMEA v1.0.0 

For GRA tickets that are global and have to be released on all 3 instances we are using components - GRA v1.0.0, v1.2.0 etc., 

However, the client does not have any visibility on the Global tickets that are released on each GRA version. For Ex, if we release GRA v1.0.0 on APAC the next GRA version will be released on NALA

Could you please suggest any process in place to simplify this or any third-party extensions which can add more details to the version of the components? 

1 answer

0 votes
Yuri Lapin _Release Management_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Surya Durai

Trust you are well.

Interesting use case. My understanding:

• you have global components and your need to version them
  • also regional adjustments/patches to global components versions
  • plus you need to understand what's deployed and what version on each regional environment.

If my understanding is right I would suggest to try out Release Management App for Jira. In has a notion of meta-release to bundle multiple versions from single or multiple projects (also simulating cross-project release). The relationship is many to many. So, you can create one bundle for Global Component release and all regional customizations. But can also create regional specific bundles. I also has a notion of Environment where you can specify multiple lower and production environments, tag them, sort by them and gain visibility of what is deployed where (also available as Gadgets for Dashboard).

Hope this helps.

Many thanks & Kind regards,

Yuri.

Surya Durai May 4, 2023

Thanks Yuri, will look into it

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders