Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to I remove a released version from my service portal?

On my user facing service portal, I have an optional field where the requestor can mark what fixed version or "milestone" their request is needed by.  Right now all of my versions show up.

-Archiving in project settings doesn't seem to make it disappear and I'm hesitant to delete them and having to move the completed tickets.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 answers

So this is is the "Visible Fields" option in request types.  I only changed the name to "Need by Milestone"

It shows all my fixed version released and unreleased.  There doesn't seem to be an option to only display the unreleased versions to the user.  As of now, my team simply changes the fixed version when triaging.  However, it'd be nice to simplify this.  

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk Community Leader Aug 08, 2022

Hi @Phillip 

Welcome to the community!

As far as I understood, you want to clear the Fix Version field for the issues in one of your projects.

Could you please try the following steps?

• Open the issue navigator and write your JQL to filter out those issues
  • Click ... on the top right of the page and select Bulk change ...
  • Click Next and select Edit issues
  • Check Change Fix Version and select Find and remove these.
  • Click next and finalize the process.

I hope it helps!

That's a screenshot of my customer facing portal.  The "Milestone" field is where my released and unreleased versions are showing up.  I only want my unreleased versions to be available.

0 votes

Hello @Phillip 

Welcome to the community.

What type of field is that custom field? Is it a Version Picker field?

It's not a custom field.  Just one right out of the box.  

Which field is it - Fix Version/s, Affected Version/s?

That's a screenshot of my customer facing portal.  The "Milestone" field is where my released and unreleased versions are showing up.  I only want my unreleased versions to be available.

I think this is a custom field, actually. I'm not aware of this being a System field. In my Jira Free instance where I have Jira Software and Jira Service Management installed I don't find this field available when trying to do an advanced issue search.

Perhaps the name on the screen is not the same as the name of the underlying field.

When the field is filled in, in which field do you see the data when viewing the issue details as an agent (not through the customer portal)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,078 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events