How to I get all links to be exported into a CSV file?

rfortino August 8, 2019

I am exporting a list/table of issues to a CSV file.  My table includes a column for the links in the tasks and all the tasks show up in the table in the gui, but when I export this table to a CSV file, I only get a random 1, but not all of them.   Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone worked around this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hello,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that some linked issues are not been added to your CSV export fields. Is it correct?

Just would like to point that only outward links are exported to CSV files, while Inward links are not exported at this moment. Let's suppose you use the Blocked By and Blocks links. Only the issues placed in the Blocks link will be displayed in the CSV file.

We have a feature request opened to implement the Inward link to CSV exports:

Export Excel CSV does not export the Inward issue link

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if this is the behavior you are facing.

rfortino August 15, 2019

Thanks, but I think there is a bug in the CSV export beyond just inward and outward links because, if I export to HTML and open it that file with Excel.... all the links that I was looking for are there.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hello @rfortino

Thank you for your answer.

Can you let us know what are the links that are being displaying in your HTML export but not displaying in the CSV export?

If they are not inward links, we can further check if there is any bug or misconfiguration affecting your instance.

Suggest an answer