How to I get a list of Epics that have Issues linked to them?

Hi I am trying to create filtered boards for various components and expecting to show only those epics on the Story board I used the following JQL but it returns all the Epics (rightfully so) and only the issues that have component set to iMedia. What I want is the query to return only the Epics that have issues whose component name is XYZ - so that the board looks neat. I don't want to use any plugins. Is there a way this can be done, if not can you think of any alternate solution?

project = GAN AND (issuetype = Epic OR component = XYZ) 

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Dec 04, 2017

If I understand your requirement correctly - you basically want all the Epics which has issues with component name = XYZ.

I don't think it's out of the box supported by JIRA.

using a plugin (script runner) it's pretty easy.

issueFunction in epicsOf("type=story and component = XYZ") 

The above query gets all epics which have stories with component XYZ as issues in epic.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,492 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you