How to Get EpicID of an IssueID

Keerthi Korvi April 28, 2017

Hi,

I was trying to fetch the EpicID of an IssueID.  I used the /rest/agile/1.0 JIRA API to fetch the EpicID as mentioned in this link . However, it throws a 401 Authentication error. But, when i just use the /rest/api/2 JIRA API it does not require any credentials and i am able to fetch the data from the rest api. The api 2 does not have details about an issue's epicId.

If i pass in my credentials to the agile api then i am able to retrieve the epicId for an issue. Is there a way to retrieve the epicId for an issueId without having to pass credentials to an api

1 answer

0 votes
QuentinB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2017

Hello, authentification is needed to acces information in JIRA

Documentation
JIRA's REST API is protected by the same restrictions which are provided via JIRAs standard web interface. This means that if you do not log in, you are accessing JIRA anonymously. Furthermore, if you log in and do not have permission to view something in JIRA, you will not be able to view it using the JIRA REST API either.

Regards

Keerthi Korvi May 1, 2017

Thanks for the quick response. I am unable to access the agile/1.0 API. However, i am able to access api/2 without authenticating.

I could get the Epic Link using the Jira Client using the AnonymousAuthenticationHandler. I was thinking if there is a  way to do it using the API?

Suggest an answer